“The Collective Mood” aims on having the users evaluate their mood on a daily basis and visualizing the average mood state of a group that creates a generative art piece. This project will raise awareness about mental health for individuals in a high stress level environment, see how peers’ can help improving the mood of each other, and ultimately bring better understandings of the mood trend over time.
- Have people evaluate their mood everyday.
- Raise awareness about mental health.
- Visualize the mental status of a group.
- Help individuals or groups to better understand the mood trend over time.
- Everyone of the group check in once everyday.
- Keep the answer private.
- Hide other people’s answer before you answer, therefore the input is more independent.
- Show the average score and previous input as a reward of participating.
My prototype users: ITPers
Interface link: p5js.org/full/r1XaayCgG
My intension is to install this interface to a public space for a certain group of people to input their mood. On December 7th 2017, I put the interface up in front of the elevator where people enter and exit ITP and recorded how people interact with it. Here is the documentation video: